- Wo wohne ich?

Navigation and service


Asylum procedure

Where will I live?

Asylum applicants completing an application form

You will usually stay at the reception centre for a minimum of six weeks and a maximum of six months, after which you will move to other accommodation. Depending on the federal state and municipality, this will be common housing or an apartment. Sometimes, it will also be possible for you to live with relatives if they live in the same federal state and the federal state’s administration agrees. The decision as to whether you are allowed to move out of common housing depends on the federal state and your personal situation. If you are allowed to look for an apartment yourself, ask the city, municipal administration or Jobcenter responsible for your case how high the rent can be.

Can I move to another city or federal state of my own accord?

You are not allowed to move to another city or federal state before a decision has been made regarding your asylum application and the responsible authorities grant you permission to do so.